Here at Hermex, we understand that you want your global payments to be conducted in a safe and secure manner – which is why compliance is just as important to us as it is to you. We’re a responsible, reputable provider of global payment services, and are registered and authorised under all of the relevant and necessary acts as detailed below.
- Hermex International is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the payment service directive (534547) for the provision of payment services
- We have a HM Revenue and Customs registration for money laundering (12545818)
- We are a member of the United Kingdom Money Transmitters Association (UKMTA)
- We maintain a proactive approach to all compliance and risk management issues
In line with our strict compliance measures, all of our clients must pass relevant checks and provide proof of identification along with anti-money laundering documentation before an account can be opened. If you’d like to make overseas payments with Hermex, please identify your company type and ensure that you have the relevant documents available for consideration.
A quoted company is defined as a company whose equity share capital has been included in the official list in accordance with the provision of Part 6 of the Financial Markets Act 2000 (c. 8), is officially listed in an EEA State, or is admitted to dealing on either the New York Stock Exchange or the exchange known as NASDAQ.
If your quoted company would like to open an account with Hermex to use our overseas payment services, you’ll need to provide as identification either a bank statement or a utility bill, dated within the last three months and stating the name and address of the company.
A privately held company is defined as a business firm in the private (non-public) sector of an economy, controlled and operated by private individuals and not by civil servants or government employees.
If you’d like to open a global payment account with Hermex, you’ll need the following forms of identification:
- A bank statement or utility bill dated within the last three months stating the name and address of the company
- A government issued identity document (passport or driver’s license) for anybody owning more than 25% of the company
- An authorised signatory mandate, signed by director/shareholder to allow others to make payments e.g. Finance Director / Financial Controller
A charitable organisation is defined as an incorporated or non-incorporated tax exempt body which is created and operated for charitable purposes, employs all its resources to those charitable activities that are under its direct control, and does not distribute any part of the income generated for the benefit of any trustee, trustor, member or other private individual.
If your charity would like to open an account with Hermex to use our global payment services, you’ll need the following forms of identification:
- Government issued identity document (passport or driver’s license)
- Bank statement or credit/debit care statement issued by regulated sector firm stating home address dated within the last three months
For more information about opening an account with Hermex, or for additional details regarding any of our in-house compliance measures, please call us on 0203 026 4030 or email email@example.com.